What do I do?
- Deliver drama workshops.
- Work with all age groups and all abilities in a variety of settings.
- Specialise in primary education and early years – Foundation stage and Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Run Inset sessions for teachers.
- Regularly work with DIY Theatre Company in Salford.
- Use devised work and story telling.
- Work with the groups’ original ideas to explore a range of topics and develop communication skills.
- Use songs and rhythm work with the very young.
- Work to any given theme or curriculum area.
How do I work?
I play drama games and lead exercises that promote:-
- speaking and listening
- team work
- listening to other people/sharing your ideas
- literacy development
I work with props/objects/texts to explore:-
- stories and story making
- theatre devising
I sing songs that encourage:-
- rhythm work
- working together
I work with and model a range of drama conventions that:-
- are easy to use and accessible for teachers and other staff to apply once I have gone
- can be easily adapted to fit with any theme
When I work with a group:-
- I try to take the lead from the young people
- I aim to be in the moment and to be present to the group’s needs
Where have I worked?
I have worked in numerous schools, children’s centres, colleges and theatres throughout the North-West of England.
Organisations I regularly work with include:-
The Royal Exchange and the Library Theatres in Manchester, Artists in Primary Education, Mid Pennine Arts, Creative Partnerships (Manchester and East Lancs.), Integrate Arts, Bolton Artists in Schools, Chrysalis Theatre Company, Waters Edge Arts and DIY Theatre Company.